We recognise the importance of privacy protection of private and sensitive information you provide to us in the course of our engagement with you. We comply fully with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 and with the changes required by that Act which came into force on 12 March 2014. Our policy for dealing with any personal information that you might disclose to us is set out below.
- Baumgartner Group is bound by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
- Please note that if at any time Baumgartner Group is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, we must cooperate fully.
What sort of information does Baumgartner Group collect and hold?
Baumgartner Group collects information about you (the "Information") in several different ways: - for example:
- Baumgartner Group collects information such as your name and address, telephone number, email address, tax file number, date of birth and bank account details when you engage our organisation, so that we may provide you with taxation, accountancy, corporate affairs and superannuation audit services;
- When you send Baumgartner Group an e-mail, we collect your current email address and any relevant related information;
- If we receive unsolicited personal information from you, other than information that is directly or indirectly related to our engagement with you, we will destroy that information as required by the Privacy Act.
What happens if you do not provide the Information?
If you do not provide us with this Information, Baumgartner Group will not be able to act as your agent for taxation or corporate affairs purposes or to carry out the audit of your superannuation fund.
Why and how does Baumgartner Group collect the Information and how is it used by us?
- Baumgartner Group collects the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to complete your income tax return. Such Information is required by relevant income tax law.
- Baumgartner Group also uses the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request.
- From time to time we issue newsletters and other information on a variety of subjects. This material will be sent by mail or by electronic means, depending on its nature. We maintain a database of our clients and other business contacts which is used to distribute this information. Distribution is typically done in house. If you do not wish to remain on our distribution list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your removal from our database.
To whom does Baumgartner Group disclose your personal information?
- Baumgartner Group will not, subject to items 2 to 5 below, sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent.
- Baumgartner Group, in its absolute discretion, may provide certain relevant personal information to any suitably qualified and reputable organisation it may choose in the furtherance of delivering you the service we are contracted to deliver. In so doing, we will ensure any such organisation complies with the terms of the Privacy Act.
- In certain circumstances, Baumgartner Group will provide personal information to other government agencies such as the ASIC in the furtherance of providing you with the contracted services, e.g. the incorporation of a new company.
- Where we are required by law to disclose personal information to a Government agency, we will do so as required by the relevant law.
- From time to time your personal information may be stored in cloud platforms on onsite services owned by third parties. In this circumstance, we will ensure any such third party complies with the terms of the Privacy Act.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients.
How will Baumgartner Group keep your personal information secure?
Baumgartner Group has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control.
These security measures are:
Principally, our records containing personal information are not available for access by the public. All databases containing such information are contained on computer servers which are isolated from public access.
We employ firewalls and the most up to date anti-virus and anti-malware software to ensure no one can access or corrupt our databases and files.
All employees and consultants sign an employment agreement under which they agree to maintain the privacy of your information and not to disclose that information to any non-employees, except in the course of carrying out the services we have contracted or agreed to provide to you and not without your express permission.
Correcting and updating your personal information
Baumgartner Group gives you the following options for accessing and modifying information previously provided:
You may gain access to information that Baumgartner Group has collected about you, by contacting our office. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur external costs in providing the information.
You may email us at email@example.com to notify necessary corrections/updates to your personal information.
If you wish to make a complaint about Baumgartner Group's handling of your personal information, or in relation to your dealings with us about your personal information, please contact your relationship partner or consultant.
Baumgartner Group will respond to any complaints received from you by immediately investigating how the complaint arose and by investigating which of our privacy procedures has apparently been breached. If it is found that Baumgartner Group has failed to uphold its obligations under the Privacy Act, our procedures will be modified or reinforced accordingly and all staff apprised of the matter and of the reason for the breach. All personnel directly involved will be counselled to ensure they are fully informed of the requirements of the Privacy Act regarding your personal data.
How to Contact Us